Effective date: May 7th, 2018
- Data controller
- Types of personal data that are processed
CGA and CGC collect and process personal data about you (e.g. information that can directly or indirectly identify you, in particular using identifiers such as name, surname, academic title, OIB, date of birth, address, title, telephone, photo, location information, IP address (“Personal data”), in cases such as when:
- You complete a registration form for participation at certain professional gathering,
- You complete a membership form for CGA,
- You complete an order form,
- You download an e-conference-proceedings,
- You register for our newsletter/news updates,
- You use the contact form on our Website,
- You provide comments or ask questions,
- You seek information or use other features or function of the Website,
- You contact us or connect with us through social media
- We take photographs of events and activities we organize,
- We contact you with regards to our products, services or events,
- We process your job application
CGA and CGC will not collect Personal Data if you do not provide it voluntarily, except for certain Personal Data collected by information systems and programs used for operating the Website, the transmission of which is necessary for using Internet communication protocols (e.g., IP addresses when executing an order or application) and will not require more information than is needed to participate in certain activities. If you do not want to provide us with your Personal Data (besides Personal Data relating to the use of internet communication protocols that are usually collected when visiting the Website) you may still access our Website, but you may not be able to participate in certain events, properly register, activate or use a specific service, complete an order or get information about a particular event, apply for a job or contact us.
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Direct marketing – newsletter, offers and news on our products and services
CGA and CGC send via newsletters information about the International Scientific and Professional Meeting of Gas Professionals, general offers for active participation at the Meeting (through exhibition units, lectures, sponsorships, advertising and other forms), information about the program of the Meeting, way of registration and all other announcements in relation to meetings that includes links to the conference and exhibition Website; activities and work of CGA and CGC and the organizing of sessions of CGA’s general assembly and the Gas Day, round tables, conferences, exhibitions, seminars and similar events on gas and energy issues; new editions of brochures, technical regulations, manuals, new editions of the PLIN/GAS magazine (issued by CGA), notices of the issuing of authorisation for testing the correct function and non-leakage of gas installations, news concerning the gas sector, energy and environmental legislation, notices of tenders for drawing financial resources from EU funds and other sources; other types of news, including marketing materials, which may be of interest to gas and energy experts and other sectors that have an interest in the gas and energy industry.
The Newsletter is sent approximately twice a month, and the continuity of the sending increases as particular events or other activities that CGA and CGC are organising draw closer and where there is relevant news on the gas and energy industry.
Recipients of Newsletters may easily and quickly unsubscribe with a single click on the unsubscribe link found in each newsletter.
Gorila IT d.o.o. acts as the processor for sending the Newsletters, while CGA and CGC collect statistics relating to the opening of e-mails and URL clicks in order to monitor and improve the sending of emails and analyse interest in specific content.
We also contact CGA members and energy sector experts whose contact information is publicly available (e.g. on the web site) to inform them about our products, services, and events.
CGA and CGC send a newsletter, offers and news about products and services based on legitimate interest. In the case of sending content automatically (without human mediation) then we seek the prior consent of the recipient of the content. The data is kept until a person withdraws consent or until he objects to our contact based on a legitimate interest.
- Applications for open job positions
CGA and CGC collect applications for open job positions from candidates who want to work with us. Access to Personal Data from applications for open job positions is given only to authorised persons and the data is kept for 2 years from the date of receiving of an application for an open job position.
- Job adverts
CGA and CGC process Personal Data from candidates who apply to job adverts and keep them until the job position has been filled. CGA and CGC may engage processors for job vacancy announcements or the implementation of the selection process. After filling the job position, CGA and CGC keep Personal Data of the selected candidates with whom employment agreements are concluded and information to prove certain facts in the employment process (e.g. who has access to a job interview and who has been notified that he has not been admitted to the job) as well as data on candidates who provided consent to remain in the database for 2 years after filling the job positions. Only authorized persons have access to the Personal Data of job applicants.
- Social media
CGA and CGC collect Personal Data on their contacts from social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) and contact them through messages, and also send promotions to specific anonymous target groups (gender, age, interest in gas and energy topics).
- Purposes, legal basis for processing and possible consequences of non-disclosure of Personal Data
- Take steps at your request before concluding a contract (e.g., answering your questions and comments, filling out your requests, submitting an application form or offer, receiving an offer, communicating with you about your Website activities, processing the application for an open job position or the job application);
- Execution of a contract to which you are a party (e.g., act in accordance to your application for a particular event or advertisement, provide access to specific areas and features on the Website, provide specific services);
- Investigating suspicion of fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any laws, rules or regulations, Website rules or the rights of third parties; or investigate any suspicious behaviour that we consider inappropriate;
- Compliance with the legal obligation to which CGA and CGC are subject (e.g., disclosures prescribed by law, regulation or a court order);
- For the purposes of or in connection with legal proceedings, establishment, defence or exercising of legal rights;
- Submitting ads or direct sales materials or conducting market research, performing data analytics or delivering commercial communications via electronic tools (SMS, e-mail, social media), regardless of whether automated (calls without an operator) or not, appropriate legal grounds, based on the legitimate interests or given consent of respondents;
- Photographing participants at events organised by CGA and CGC, based on the consent of participants, for the purpose of promoting events.
Providing Personal Data for the above purposes of A to E is voluntary, but any refusal to provide such data may prevent CGA and CGC from making a contract with you, responding to your requests, providing you with services, receiving from your and processing your application for a certain event and complying with the legal obligations that CGA and CGC are subject to.
The submission of Personal Data for purposes described in points F and G is also voluntary; failure to provide such Personal Data or objections to processing Personal Data based on the appropriate grounds related to your specific situation may prevent CGA and CGC from sending adverts or direct sales materials or conducting market research, data analytics or commercial communications. We may still contact you for administrative purposes, such as confirmation of an application, confirmation of an order, or requesting your further requests.
In case you have granted consent for marketing purposes, you may in any case withdraw your consent and stop receiving our newsletter (e.g., if you do not want to receive our Newsletter, click on the unsubscribe link).
While strictly connected to the above-mentioned purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed to:
- Persons necessary for execution of orders, registering for events, delivering packages, send postal mail and electronic mail, removing redundant information from a list of recipients receiving services, analysing of data and providing marketing support, taking photographs of events, credit and debit card processing and the provision of customer services, who typically process Personal Data on behalf of CGA and CGC as processors;
- Persons that maintain our IT systems,
- Persons authorised by CGA and CGC for processing Personal Data, subject to the appropriate legal obligation of confidentiality (employees of CGA and CGC);
- Bodies of CGA, subject to the appropriate contractual obligation of confidentiality;
- Law enforcement departments and public authorities when required by governing law or in good faith (e.g., to comply with the provisions of laws or comply with legal proceedings in relation to CGA and CGC, protect and defend the rights or property of CGA and CGC and the Website, or in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of CGA and CGC users, their Websites or the public);
- Legal and financial counsellors of CGA and CGC in the event of the need to forward data for legal, tax and auditors proceedings,
- Business partners for their requirements but only in accordance with the appropriate legal basis.
- Retention of data
CGA and CGC will process your Personal Data only as long as necessary to achieve the purposes described in Section 4. Regarding the purposes described in sections 4.F and 4.G, your Personal Data will be processed until you exercise your right to object or until you withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Data. In addition to the foregoing, CGA and CGC will retain your Personal Data as required or permitted in accordance with governing laws (e.g., for at least 11 years, in accordance with the Accounting Act, keeping official documents based upon which data is entered into the diary or main ledger).
Personal data regarding job vacancies and open applications are kept in accordance with the provisions stated in section 3.3. and 3.4.
- Your rights
CGA and CGC hereby inform you that, in accordance and to the extent permitted by governing law, you have the right to request CGA and CGC access and correction or deletion of your Personal Data or limit processing related to your Personal Data and to object to relevant processing activities, transfer personal data and to file a complaint with the competent supervisory body (in the Republic of Croatia, the Croatian Personal Data Protection Agency). You also have the right to know the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data was or will be disclosed, especially recipients in third countries.
- Links to other websites
- Security practices
Security surrounding your Personal Data is exceptionally important to us, therefore we have set up the appropriate physical, electronic, and management procedures to protect the data we collect. However, due to inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communication between you and us or the information stored on the Website or on our servers will be completely safe from unauthorised access by third parties. To the greatest extent permitted by governing law, we waiver all responsibility and all liability for any damages that you may incur due to loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to the Website.
- Governing law/jurisdiction
- Transfer of property
In the course of our business, we may sell or buy assets. If another entity acquires all or almost all of the assets of CGA and CGC, the Personal Data we have collected regarding users of the Website may be transferred to that person. Moreover, if any bankruptcy or restructuring process is initiated against us, such data may be considered our property and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Contact information